Our Green Tradition
At Zukas Hilltop Barn, we’re always looking for new ways to keep our events fresh and exciting while recognizing our responsibility to protect the environment and give back to our community. It’s a commitment we’ve held since our first day in business.
A few things we’re doing to help out:
- We use local produce whenever possible.
- We grow and use vegetables, berries, herbs, and florals fresh from our own gardens.
- We donate leftover food for distribution to a food pantry for local families and elderly in our area.
- We offer menu options such as certified angus beef and eco-friendly farm raised chicken free of antibiotics and hormones.
- We place water pitchers on tables and maintain water stations instead of using plastic bottles.
- We professionally launder all linens on site, restricting chemical use and conserving transport fuel.
What can you do?
- In lieu of table favors, donate to your favorite charity. Some of our favorites include The Boys and Girls Club and The Smile Train.
- Offer your guests shuttle bus service.
- Use eco-friendly paper for your printing needs.